Friday, April 03, 2009

Rocky Schenck, Jelly Fish 2000

I just have to point out an artist that I am drawing a lot of inspiration from for my B&W printing class that is coming up at SMC. Rocky Schenck. He is a really talented artist and a good family friend of the Adams Family (my in-laws, although we need a nice name for my American parents as they are all amazing people) 

There are quite a few pieces of Rockys work that I really like, but this one I love in particular. I don't have rights to the image so I do encourage you to visit this link. The image is of a jelly fish... and it is beautiful... the tones, the composition... I just really enjoy looking at this piece. It is so peaceful. 

Having worked on the Great Barrier Reef I have such an appreciation for these creatures. They are very graceful to watch. 

http://www.rockyschenck.com

go to MB gallery Los Angeles


Enjoy.

No comments: