Friday, April 17, 2009

New addition to the family

I am most excited, just early this week a special care package arrived from Australia. My "new" canon lenses:) 

1x EF 28-70mm 1:2.8 L 
1x EF 24mm 1:2.8

Put together here with my previous little film kit I had, plus a couple of not so great purchasing decisions (primarily that flash!) it all looks like one big happy family.

I am really excited about having the 24mm lens for some nice wide work, although I am still finding that I love just having that little 50mm on my 5D Mark II. Its small and I can take it anywhere... I have a feeling my L series wouldn't be allowed to some of the gigs/nights out that the 50mm has been too. 

My biggest problem that I am facing... and it is a rather girly one, but I feel its valid- Is fashionable bag for the stylish female photographer. Now before you laugh your head off at me, just have a think. I often take my camera out to nice events, where I am usually a guest at. I take my camera out to bars, clubs, concerts, restaurants and there is something to be said about your camera bag having an air of discretion.

Pulling my DSLR out of a Guess handbang doesn't raise as many eyebrows as say wearing a lowpro backpack to dinner. I don't want to carry two bags. Simple.

I would seriously feel that high end label bags would be worth spending the hundreds of dollars on, if they had TRUE functionality. Say for eg: if Burberry had a compartment inside their stylish bags, that was padded for my DSLR, I would be stoked and spend the dosh. Hell I wouldn't care if it were a bag with no label I purchased downtown, I am seeking a bag I can wear out, in a dress, that I can safely store my baby *ahem*...my 5D mark II in, with a small 50mm of course.  

Maybe there is something in this... ?
 

No comments: