Wednesday, May 17, 2006

National Geographic Shoot

A few months ago I was lucky enough to be asked to work on a National Geographic shoot with Hugh Miller and Katie Rose. I was to be the Clapper Loader on the Hawkesbury segment of a series of 90 second vingettes on "What Makes An Expert".

They filmed 3 all together, 1 in South Australia, 1x in Central Queensland and 1x in The Hawkesbury River. (I was not part of the first two but both Hugh and Katie said that it was unreal!)

It was a great shoot. The locations were unbelievable! To think that just minutes from Sydney is a world away from what most city folk could even imagine. We truely are the lucky country and it was one of those shoots, that even with working from magic hour to magic hour (Sunrise to Sunset), I could not help but think to myself that I really have it good.

The lenses that we used, the shots that we got, and then the personal journey of cultural experience just made the whole thing priceless. But enough blabbering on about how much I loved the shoot.

You can view these vignettes online at the National Geographic website. Go to...

www.nationalgeographic.com/travelaustralia/ask.html

No comments: