Saturday, May 26, 2012

St Pancras Grand International

Yesterday we arrived at Heathrow Airport from LAX excited & ready to board the Eurostar for Paris. London put on a glorious day for our arrival & while we didn't stop to see the sights, our arial view from above as we landed didn't disappoint. It struck me how green & scenic England is. Having arrived early our flight circled London for 20 minutes before landing. Talk about taking it all in. We boarded the train at St. Pancras international (pictured) & the stations majestic ceiling is something to be marveled.

Of course I have been shooting away on my trusty SLR, so far using 400 tri-x. I had no issues with security in LAX asking for a film check as I'm traveling with the now unavailable Neopan 1600. All was well until we went to board the Eurostar. Security wouldn't let me through without x-raying my negatives. The 400 & 50 I wasn't happy about but was prepared to let it go (begrudgingly). But the Neopan 1600 I fought (kindly) tooth & nail for. You see it's my last roll. I haven't got immediate access to any more. Maybe some hardcore searching on eBay might turn something up but I wasn't going to risk it. The claim from security is that their X-ray can scan up to 3200 with no issue.

I wasn't prepared to find out the hard way.

After a few jabs at how I might already have faulty stock (security blaming fuji) or a bad camera (not 3 days ago when I checked my latest roll of processed film) I got upset. Really, is this their selling point?

Needless to day I will head right to Lomography Paris today to develop one of my rolls to see how it held up.

Fingers crossed that modern technology is as good as they say.

All photos copyright: Jasmine Lord 2012

No comments: